Questions regarding non-english POS-receipts

Peter_Skousen
1 0 0

Hi, we're a small business based in Denmark, focusing mainly on paintings, posters and printed images. We've been using the POS-system for a while now, and overall we're fairly pleased with it. 

The problem is in our current receipt; The word for VAT in Danish, "moms", is not translated on the receipt.

However, as our store is located in Denmark, and therefore our main language obviously isn't English, we'd like for this to be changed. 

Is there any way for us to be able to do this? So far, we've tried out some different solutions and none of them seem to work.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

- Aise Vaegkunst

0 Likes
Brandon22
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
207 0 16

Hello Peter, Brandon here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

At the moment there isn’t a way to change the automatic/hardcoded wording of the receipt. A work around would be to remove the VAT and apply a custom tax for each order, but that would add a few extra steps to the checkout process. What I can do is send this up as a feature request for our developers to look into :)

Remember, you can always reach out to us on phone/email/chat as well!

0 Likes
krossdal
1 0 0

@Brandon22 wrote:

Hello Peter, Brandon here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

At the moment there isn’t a way to change the automatic/hardcoded wording of the receipt. A work around would be to remove the VAT and apply a custom tax for each order, but that would add a few extra steps to the checkout process. What I can do is send this up as a feature request for our developers to look into :)

Remember, you can always reach out to us on phone/email/chat as well!

Hi Brandon
Now it's been two years. Has anything changed? (Doesn't look like it) I'm setting up some ShopifyPOS systems in Iceland and I would like to be able to translate the receipts to Icelandic. Think it's unprofessional to only have them in English.

0 Likes