Regional Support: Selling in Person (UK)

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
962 83 224

Hi @n0kitty,

The transaction fees listed here only apply to sales made via the online checkout, and would not apply to processing orders via a third-party terminal in person. In this case you would not be using the Shopify checkout to process a sale, so therefore no transaction fees would apply.

This information is cited in our charges section on the Shopify Help Center:

If you're using Shopify Payments, you aren't charged transaction fees on orders for stores located in most countries. Also, transaction fees don't apply for manual payment methods, which include cash on delivery (COD), bank deposits, checks, test orders, and draft orders marked as paid or pending. Transaction fees don't apply for POS orders.

I hope this explains things but please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ErickaMurchison
1 0 0

Hello, I am wondering if you can help me, I have a new store going live soon and i am looking at adding the tap and chip card machine for when I am doing pop up events. When I created my shopify i used my company name but that has changed now and although everything else on shopify says my new companies name my URL by the sounds of it has to be the one I originally created. Will this show in any way to my customer when purchasing via online or through any payments on the card machine?

Many Thanks

Ericka

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
962 83 224

Hi @ErickaMurchison,

Thanks for reaching out. Even though the myshopify.com URL you started with cannot be changed, you can add your own domain to the store and make this your primary domain, meaning this is what customers will see when you browse the online store. This should effectively mask the myshopify.com URL of your store from view and your custom domain will be the public URL used instead.

In terms of the POS you should not have any issues, as the URLs on your store are used to access the online store and are not really applicable to the POS. You can check and ensure that your store name is correct in Settings > General, as this is what may appear on some POS functions (e.g. receipts).

I hope this explains things for you, but please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
George_Greenhil
Explorer
64 0 25

Hello guys,

We have just opened a small physical store to go with our online business, therefore, we want to add local pickup allowing local customers to pick up their orders free of charge.

When they get to the checkout to pay, no matter where they're located in the world, it shows the option of free local pickup.

If we're near Birmingham (UK), we don't want to show local pickup to someone over 10,000 miles away in Australia to add confusion. 

For the local delivery feature, you can add a delivery radius of say 10 miles, how can we do the same with the local pickup feature aka. click and collect?

Many thanks,

George 

proteinpackage.co.uk

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
962 83 224

Hi @George_Greenhil,

Unlike our local delivery option, where you can set a distance radius for delivery,  you cannot set geographic boundaries with regards to the visibility of your local pickup option. Our local pickup feature is based on locations, so if you enable local pickup for a location and a customer opts to buy a product from that location, they will see this as an option at checkout regardless of where in the world they are located. I know that being able to limit the local pickup option to customers in specific areas or regions is a feature request we've been had before, and I'll be sure to add your comments to our feedback log.

In terms of alternative options, you can check out third-party apps that offer a local pickup feature and they may allow for more customization in terms of which customers can see this option. I'd recommend considering Store Pickup Click and Connect and Store Pickup + Delivery, two of the most popular apps that offer this feature.

Kind regards,

0 Likes