Release 4.0.2 fixed things! Can we make sure this never happens again?

Highlighted
Explorer
53 0 48

Release 4.0.2 was made available on the app store last night and I installed and tested it on my personal iPad prior to installing it on our register iPad.  I am happy to say that the slowness and lagginess seems to have been fixed - it's very snappy again.  Also, the discount app that we were using, Ultimate Special Offers from Supple, is now fast again (the last release slowed it down so much that it was useless).  So, thank you Shopify for getting this point release out.

With that being said, this never should have happened in the first place.  Is there a beta test team for the POS app?  If so, I will happily volunteer to be a beta tester.  Had the app been field tested prior to release, the bugs would have been very quickly discovered and would have given Shopify an opportunity to fix it prior to actually releasing it.  We were very frustrated by this apparent lack of testing and it directly impacted our productivity and ability to provide fast check out service to our customers.  Supple was also frustrated since there was nothing they could do about the issues and their customers were contacting them complaining about their app when it was a Shopify issue.

In the meantime, I have turned off automatic updates on our register iPad and will only update Shopify POS after I've been able to thoroughly test it on another iPad.

Thank you for considering this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
53 0 48

When inquiring about a POS beta team, this is the response I received from Shopify support.

Hi Andy,

I did reach out to a few teams to see if I can find any information for you but as of right now there are currently no beta programs that are open to the public. I can definitely send up a feature request though for something like that in the future and share your experience!

Let me know if any other questions come up, have a nice day :)

0 Likes