Reloadable gift cards

petgrocer
Excursionist
13 0 2

We have so many people that need to use reloadable gift cards. Any work arounds for this? We collect donation for a charity where people round up their purchase (another feature that would be nice to have on Shopify, rounding for Canada, round up option, and store credit option) but for now we are trying to put it on a gift card. Is there an option so people don't end up with 100 tiny gift card amounts that we have to manually scan QR codes for? 

0 Likes
HKJ
Pathfinder
85 4 11

Not really, afaik. In theory each time someone earns a new gc, you could disable the previous gc and issue the new one for the combined amounts, but the system does not allow $ to be added to an existing gc.

Neomi_av
Shopify Partner
163 2 12

Hi @petgrocer, I'm Neomi from the Rise.ai app,

We specialized in gift cards & loyalty store credit solutions.

Our loyalty card seems to be a good fit for your needs.

The loyalty accumulates all of the customers' gift cards, rewards and refunds.

You can read more here

Checkout our listing page, and feel free to contact me at info@rise.ai

0 Likes
petgrocer
Excursionist
13 0 2

@Neomi_av 

Thanks for the comments. We looked at Rise as a potential work around to many of the missing features for POS users and it would help with two of them. However, the price is way beyond what a small business can afford to pay for something that should be included out of the box. I already pay for Shopify online, then I pay for the Shopify POS, then I pay pay pay for apps. This app was one I was willing to add to the many extra paid ones required to bring this POS up to somewhat functional operation for us. I can not pay $200 USD (and then also get charged HST in USD!) for an app that will give us two functions that I expected would be included in our already high monthly fees to Shopify. If you change the format to be affordable for smaller end users we would revisit it.

0 Likes