Can I remove customer address from Shopify POS receipt?

Luis_Carpio
Tourist
11 0 1

I just recieved my printer and I was doing the header and footer for the receipt.

I noticed when I was previewing the receipt that the receipt shows " Ship to" and then the customers address.

Is there a way to delete that? I don't want to have that on the receipt. I have a brick and mortor store and I don't want the customers thinking I have their personal address information.

I also have a website that of course is connected to my POS in order to track my items being sold.

I hope I don't have to pay $90 for the Pro POS version just to be able to delete the information from the receipt

Replies 2 (2)

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

Hi, @Luis_Carpio!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting this fantastic question! I took a deeper dive into this for you and was able to confirm that the Ship to section will only display on printed receipts where shipping is actually involved:

21-04-w8ejk-e6waw

This means if your customer is simply making a regular in-store purchase and walking out with the item, the "Ship to" section will not be visible on the receipt. While processing a checkout through the POS, after adding items to the Cart you should see a More actions button at the top of the screen:

21-04-xgwfh-jfvxu

Clicking this will take you to More actions menu where you can opt to Ship to the customer:

21-04-g30xb-p35n0

The next screen will allow you to input your customer's information for shipping:

21-04-g22zb-29nn3

If you don't select Ship to customer, this section won't be included on your printed receipts. Does this solve your concern? If not - or if you require any further clarification - please let me know! I'd be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf or answer any further questions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Luis_Carpio
Tourist
11 0 1

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for the late response