Removing Signature From POS Receipt

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 12

Hey,

most recent POS update added the printing of the customer's signature onto the receipt.

Anyway to remove that feature?  I do not want to see the signature on the receipt.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hey Michael,

We've added printing the signature on the receipt to enhance security. This signature, as you know, is available in your admin when reviewing the order, too. Showing the signature on the customer-facing receipt provides another layer of assurance when dealing with chargebacks from customers. It also gives you a chance to review the signature against the one on the back of the card.

Do you have a specific concern about the signature on printed receipts?

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 12

A lot of my customers don't take the signature seriously so their scribbled text, "x", or drawing then shows up on the receipt.

The ones that do, now have another piece of paper that has their signature, that if they lose...

My product has people saving their receipts for a long time.

And lastly, I don't like the way the receipt looks with it on there.

If I am able to pull up the signature on the back end, or you all can on your end, there is no extra layer of assurance with the customer copy.  Your POS says to return the Pad to the clerk anyway.  I can check the signature then, AFTER the receipt has been printed really doesn't make much sense.

I have been in business now 8 years and have not once needed to go back and get a signature from a receipt.  I'd like to have the choice to remove it.

Thanks if you can make that happen that would be great.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 13

Having a dashboard with Reciept Customization would be incredibly useful! Please take all these simple feature requests for the Reciepts and allow us to enable and disable what we want printed on our customers Reciepts! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I agree, I'd really like to be able to change what information the reciept does and doesn't show, signature included.

0 Likes