Separating the POS orders from online orders.

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

We are using the Shopify POS (and we are very happy with it) but when I go to view the orders on the dashboard I find it a real struggle to find the ONLINE orders hidden on the long list of real time orders. We do hundreds of orders in the store, through the POS, each day but only a handful of online orders. We are stressed about missing online orders and need some way to separate them from the long list of POS orders.

Any advice on how to separate them quickly and easily. Even the order numbers are very similar.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Fiona,

In Shopify Admin go to Filter orders--> Location. This will let you view your orders by location (web or physical store).

You can save this filter under a tab as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Thank you Andrew - this sounds like a great solution.

I'll give it a shot right now!

Thank you

Fiona

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

BRILLIANT!

I saved the search as a tab - called it 'Online Orders' and now it's there, at my finger tips, when I need it.

THNX!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 6

We get emailed whenever an online order comes in. That can be configured via Settings > Notifications > Order Notifications.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Yes, we get the notifications too but we get them every 15 minutes. So, as you can imagine, it becomes difficult to track them that way.  Andrews advice above was perfect!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

I'm happy this helped Fiona.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 6

You're able to get emailed only for web orders. We have a similar situation where we sell much more in-store than online and rely on email notifications for web orders.

0 Likes