Shipping Calculations on POS

Michael_Barber
Tourist
6 0 2

We don't fulfill any product on-site or in person, everything requires shipping. I am not seeing where or how shipping calculations can be done in the POS app. We have tried to estimate and add in a flat amount, but that is really not helpful. If we know where it is shipping from and the customers shipping address, seems like this would be easy. Any solutions?

0 Likes
Isabeau1
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
41 0 5

Hi Michael,

Currently, the POS doesn't have the ability to estimate shipping. I love the idea though, and can definitely bring it to our Epic Want team as something that you are very interested in.

As a workaround, you could create POS only products for each of your Shipping rates (you could even group them into a collection to keep it organized). You would be able to name each product or variant something like "Order $50 - $100 in Arizona" with a flat rate estimate. 

Alternatively, you could bookmark your shipping providers calculator site (USPS has one here: https://postcalc.usps.com/Mobile/) on your iPad - that would give you a more accurate estimate based on Postal Codes and you could add it in as a manual rate in the POS.

I hope this helps, but if you have any additional questions at all give us a shout at support@shopify.com.

Cheers

Isabeau

0 Likes
Michael_Barber
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks for thinking of solutions, Isabeau! I think we will just have to come up with some fixed %s that we will have to employ as necessary until this feature is avaialble. I'm sure human error will become an issue at some point!

0 Likes
Dempsey_Holder
3 0 0

Has anything been done about this?

0 Likes
Michael_Barber
Tourist
6 0 2

We've tried alternative solutions and can't come up with a mix that works for all products without gouging on some products and losing our shirt on others. This really needs to be a feature that gets added. Is there a way to "up vote" this? I can't imagine we are the only groups using Shopify POS this way.

Matt37
Explorer
52 0 29

So It's been 18 months. Is your epic wants team on it? People purchase in our store, and we ship all over the country. We would love to have this calculate shipping.