Shopify 1D barcode Scanner & Android Tablet

Greg_Richards1
10 0 0

I have purchased the Barcode Scanner which was delivered today however, I am having really bad issues trying to get this to work with Android Shopify POS.  Has anyone been able to get this to work at all?  

Replies 9 (9)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Heyl, @Greg_Richards1 

Happy to help out. The barcode scanners only work with iPad, not iPhone or Android devices. This would explain why you are having issues. With that said, you can still use your Android Tablet's built-in camera to scan certain 1D barcodes. More information on that can be found here

If you purchased the barcode scanner from our hardware store, As long as your order is within the 30-Day return policy timeframe, you can submit a return request for a refund. You can start a returns process if you are a U.S resident here. If you purchased from the Canadian store, you can start the return here. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Greg_Richards1
10 0 0

Hi thank you for the reply, but that doesn't really help the situation I am in, my stores is getting busier by the day and using the tablets camera is still too slow. 

is there anything in the pipeline to make this work with Android, else its going to cost me another £350 on an iPad now.  

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @Greg_Richards1 

I totally understand where you are coming from and why it would be a great feature to have for Android tablets. While there isn't a deadline in the pipeline to implement this functionality, I'd be happy to submit this feedback up to our development team for potential future implementation.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Krissy101
Tourist
12 0 3

It is so bad that such a huge company as Shopify want to lock you in to Apple! I am currently going through this in our new bricks and mortar store, I have worked around by purchasing a SumUp to take in store payments and just come onto the forum to see what the situation is with barcode scanners and it appears we have to be locked in with these as well 😞

Very Poor!

mlcj
Visitor
2 0 0

This is really an outrage.  Shopify should be compatible with both industry standards!  Such blatant disregard for the huge number of android users is inexcusable.  Your answer is so 'party line pat' that it is laughable.  Please do more than lip service to voicing our NEED to the powers that be and who seem sworn to the Apple gods.

Greg_Richards1
10 0 0

Well 2 weeks after purchasing an iPad after being told we couldn't do it on android, shopify have now pushed an update down to android to allow the barcode scanners.  WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE, WHY COULDNT YOU JUST TELL US 2 WEEKS AGO.... 

mlcj
Visitor
2 0 0

Is it actually functional now?  Where did you find this info?

Greg_Richards1
10 0 0

I turned my android tablet into a 2nd backup till and it loaded the new POS software the other day and I checked and the option is there 

yaise3
Visitor
1 0 0

As a long way as I realize, oberlo become received by using shopfiy and simplest incorporated with shopfiy. And the purchased products are all from AliExpress and other gaming app. But they have got a excellent feature that could edit merchandise in batches and may automatically update product inventory and costs.