Shopify Chip and swipe reader constantly disconnecting, Going asleep

Roostcollection
Pathfinder
97 1 91

We now have two reader both have disconnected or gone asleep multiple times today and everyday. Every time we have to forget reader and re-add. These suck.

We've been open for under 5 hrs. Had 87 transactions. That one every 3.5 minutes.

Shopify please pipe in and give an answer????????????

Make an data card reader. Like the Verifone P400 Lightspeed is quoting me to use if I jump ship.

https://www.lightspeedhq.com/pos/retail/hardware/

Replies 10 (10)

Wildernest1
Excursionist
11 0 11

I'm right there with you!  Our two workstations have had their chip reader go to sleep three times today - 80 transactions - $10k in sales today and what does tech support say - "here's a help article showing you how to forget and reconnect"  Yeah, we're doing that over and over my guy.  They think it's the power source or the dock or whatever...how about just get your hardware patched up and stable before we really get busy.  

Roostcollection
Pathfinder
97 1 91

1 Hour later. reader did it again!

Roostcollection
Pathfinder
97 1 91

Both card readers did it again!

115 transactions. Tell me when it has time to fall asleep!

Red_Stick_Spice
Trailblazer
169 0 76

Ours disconnect at least 10x per day...customers standing in line as we reconnect constantly. Totally embarrassing.

Tech support is absolutely worthless.

Spice. Sweet. Savory. Hot.
MountainC
Visitor
1 0 0

Same problems here!! customers getting annoyed when they have to wait. This is brutal. Shopify has to come out with a way to keep these card readers powerd on....especially when they are permanently connected to power supply. what a joke! 

Wendling
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm trying the idea of not allowing the iPad to sleep.

sofleo
Visitor
1 0 0

It's been 2 years since this thread and I'm also having this issue now. The lack of action on Shopify's part here is so frustrating. 

StuartCD
Visitor
2 0 1

Now 3, and we are having it. 

fabiomalaspina
Tourist
10 0 6

Hello all, I found this information that may be helpful. It seems that the barcode reader goes into sleep mode which causes loss of Bluetooth connection. It seems that by following the instructions on page 6 of the manual in the link below, one can set the barcode reader never to go into sleep mode. I will try it out this week, as we experience randoms disconnects too.

socket-mobile-s700-command-barcodes-manual.pdf (shopify.com)

fabiomalaspina
Tourist
10 0 6

I also found a note on the Socket Mobile barcode reader website stating that they are aware of a problem which is being investigated:

fabiomalaspina_0-1696211048234.png

https://www.socketmobile.com/support