Shopify Mobile in Australia?

Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 6

Hello

I was hoping to get some clarification about Shopify Mobile and using it to process orders etc in Australia.

From what I can tell from both the Apple and Shopify app stores the Shopify Mobile app should allow me to process orders etc right from the app?

I however wasn't sure if Shopify POS needed to be set up first (which I don't have at the moment) for this functionality to work?

Lastly, I assume that the transaction fees etc would be the same as if the order was placed through the website (so the 1% transaction fee if on the Professional plan etc)?

Cheers

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the questions. You don't to setup Shopify POS to use Shopify Mobile to process orders. Transaction fees are 0% for orders processed on Shopify Mobile. There are credit card fees, but those don't apply to you because you are in Australia.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 0 6

Hi Andrew

Thanks so much for your input.

I've been in contact with support here in Australia (well I called the Australian number) and after a little bit of uncertainty around this it seems that in fact Shopify Mobile unfortunately isn't able to create orders (indicated by the "Accept Payments" in the app menu) unless Shopify Payments is set up.

As Shopify Payments isn't available in Australia, it seems Shopify Mobile is therefore unable to be used as advertised (on the Apple App Store etc) in most countries.

Of course if you can suggest a way to get it to work I'm all ears (so to speak) as it would be an absolute fantastic addition to the way I use Shopify.

Thanks all the same (and let me know if you'd like me to send you my correspondence with support about this)

0 Likes