Shopify POS Pro: $2016 per year. What do you get?

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 7

Would you pay $2016 per year to have the features of POS Pro. You will. What are the biggest things your paying for?

• Local Pickup
  • Exchanges, Yes everyday exchanges!
  • Custom Reciept
  • One Return per Transaction
  • No Manual Returns: without reciept your customer is out of luck!

Here's what the Pricing plan should  look like.

ShopifyPOS.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
313 27 66

Hi, @Roostcollection!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

When we launched all-new Shopify POS earlier this year, we made the Pro subscription available for free to all merchants for six months and also provided enough time for our existing merchants to transition from the POS Classic app experience. Although we recommend the POS Pro for retail stores and POS Lite for selling on-the-go, we encourage you to evaluate the features and make the right choice for your business. Remember you’ll have the freedom to decide which POS subscription works best for each of your locations so you only pay for what you need. Our retail support team is also available to help you and answer any questions.

Shopify POS Pro has been designed to serve the needs of merchants running larger, more complex bricks & mortar retail operations. Existing features that have been included, as well as new ones, have been packaged together to provide a robust solution that meets those needs. Shopify POS Lite will remain free and is a great alternative for merchants selling casually, at pop-ups, or with basic retail setups.

We've got some really handy guides to help you decide which option is best for you. First up, we have our in-depth guide on Shopify POS which helps you understand what features are available in each plan. We also have a more compact version which can be used for easy reference.

We understand this is a big change from our Classic POS offering. We are listening to all feedback provided, so thank you for providing your thoughts on the new POS.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 7

Hi Miles, Maybe you can answer these questions. For an additional $89 per month. When can I expect these logical, simple and necessary functions all pertaining to Brick and Mortar POS?   I'll be waiting for a concise answer.

MANUAL RETURNS. Example: A customer wants to return an item that was a gift who has no receipt and the purchaser paid cash. How do you return this item? Currently the only way is to stop everything at the register POS, have the employee log in to the admin and create a gift card. Now that employee can create the multiple gift cards unknown to me, as well as having access to all your sales info. NOT a good idea. Secondly if the item or amount to return in only a few dollars, it doesn't make sense to issue a gift card the cost us $1.50.

MULTIPLE RETURNS OR EXCHANGES. Currently Shopify only allows one per transaction. That's Shopify's policy not mine. It is my business and I pay to use your system not your policy.

E-GIFT CARDS. Currently if a customer purchases an E-Gift Card, Shopify sends the info to the purchaser. This is not a Gift Card. This is pre-purchasing for yourself. A GIFT is for someone else. Nowhere does the system ask for the recipients info or a note to say what the hell the gift is for, like Happy Birthday etc.

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 40

Don't hold your breath on waiting for the answers. I have asked and all i get is PR nonsense.

But this is what they will say - but take about 500 words to say it.

Pro is wonderful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 7

Just as I expected, A canned response. Try answering my specific questions.

MANUAL RETURNS: When will this be implemented? Example: A customer wants to return an item that was a gift who has no receipt and the purchaser paid cash. How do you return this item? Currently the only way is to stop everything at the register POS, have the employee log in to the admin and create a gift card. Now that employee can create the multiple gift cards unknown to me, as well as having access to all your sales info. NOT a good idea. Secondly if the item or amount to return in only a few dollars, it doesn't make sense to issue a gift card the cost us $1.50.

MULTIPLE RETURNS OR EXCHANGES. When will multiple returns be allows? Currently Shopify only allows one per transaction. That's Shopify's policy not mine. It is my business and I pay to use your system not your policy.

E-GIFT CARDS. When will recipients be included in the process? Currently if a customer purchases an E-Gift Card, Shopify sends the info to the purchaser. This is not a Gift Card. This is pre-purchasing for yourself. A GIFT is for someone else. Nowhere does the system ask for the recipients info or a note to say what the hell the gift is for, like Happy Birthday etc.

Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 17

Nobody wanted the ALL NEW POS even when it was free why do you think its worth $90 more a month, on top of the $40 extra we already pay for the plus plan to get the POS access.  Just give us back the classic version. Its not our fault the development team spent too much money on research and still failed at their product.  I will never pay you $90 for a POS and the lite version is useless.  So either fix things quick or customers will be dropping like flies.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
313 27 66

Hi, @Roostcollection!

Some great questions here. Most of my response will result in me raising a feature request for you. Essentially, we have a program where we can add in feedback from our merchants and our products team use this in their decision making for future releases and changes. I understand the need for some of these to implemented to fall in line with your own store policies. I'll do my best to help you out today, and for everything else, I'll make sure our retail team is aware of your feedback.

Manual Returns
I'd love to understand a bit more about this request. From how I understand, you're referring to an order that paid in cash, so when the customer comes to return it, you have no way of pulling up the order to return it, so you'd like a process to return an item without needing to access the order. Is that correct? If so, this is something I'll need to raise with our team for consideration. I'll explain more about this process at the bottom of this post. In the interim, you can always adjust your inventory count do add any returned items back so it's balanced again.

Multiple Returns and Exchanges
This is something I'll need to add in as a feature request for you as well for future consideration. I can totally understand the need for multiple exchanges or returns in the one transaction, so I'll be sure to let the team know.

Gift Cards
When a customer orders a gift card, we send it off to the buyer. They then have the option of forwarding it onto the recipient or printing it out for them themselves. If you're looking for customisable options, you would need the help of an app so you can provide different gift card options. I've recommended a couple below.

• Rise Gift Cards and Loyalty

• From $19.99/month. 7-day free trial.
    • Build an enhanced Gift Card and Store Credit program on every Shopify plan.
    • Enable customers to schedule & send Gift Cards
  • Shopkeeper Gift Cards

• Free plan available.
    • Hundreds of designs for everyday occasions, birthdays, holidays and more
    • Increase sales by offering customizable gift cards that are also printer-friendly and can be redeemed via the Shopify POS

I understand these answers aren't what you were looking for. Please leave this with me and I'll do my part by passing this onto our POS team for consideration in future.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes