Shopify POS Pro : Local Pickup support?!?! Local Delivery support?!?!?

Matt37
Explorer
54 0 30

We are a retail home goods store, who has recently turned on the local pick up and local delivery options. We have always offered these choices, but we want to start using the functionality in shopify. 

Why do neither of these choices exist in the POS? I have a customer order a dining table, while in my store, and all my POS offers for shipping is our national rate (which shouldn't even apply to our home state, but I digress)  

I attempted to add the local options to the POS and then it would give me a report.  Am I missing the right function? 

If anyone else knows the solution, let me know.  Sure would be nice functionality especially as Shopify is now charging for POS PRO. 

0 Likes
keversmcgee
Tourist
9 0 1

I have the same issue with this as well. I have products that are for pre-orders where a customer can order in store, pay for it and pick it up when available. 

I don't know why this isn't part of the POS yet. Seems like you'd have to write code for this.

0 Likes
smallakin
Tourist
7 0 2

Did you guys figure out a solution?  I understood this to be a feature of POS Pro before signing up and it seems that you can only choose to Ship to Customer from in store orders, not select Local Pickup.  We do tons of custom orders in store and this was a basic / unpaid feature in Square.

I spent 2 hours on chat support earlier today and they acted like it should be working but said they would get back to me.  I'm wondering if she just didn't get it.

0 Likes
Matt37
Explorer
54 0 30

Nope. No solution.  Shopify is just ignoring this, or has it on a list somewhere. 

All we do is leave the order Unfulfilled until it's picked up by the customer. That's how we track what needs to be picked up. Ultimately, it's not a huge problem for us, (this is how we were doing it originally) but it's frustrating that POS still feels tacked on. despite now being an expense. 

0 Likes
Roostcollection
Pathfinder
82 1 40

Shopify doesn't seem to understand retail brick and mortar stores. When a customer is standing in front of you. We need to answer there questions and service them quickly. We still have to use a notebook for thing like this. Every day staff goes through the notebook to check deliveries, requests etc.

But, they do have time to screw with new product entry page. I say screw because its all screwed up in my opinion.

0 Likes
keversmcgee
Tourist
9 0 1

All I do is mark the order as unfulfilled then email the customer separately if the order is ready for pick up.

It's a bit of a pain, but I don't think there's any focus on improving the POS on Shopify's side for the time being.

Matt37
Explorer
54 0 30

I don't know about the new product entry page. 

I believe Shopify has a specific model of the retail store they have designed the POS for.  It mostly, or kind of, fits how our business runs, so we have been able to make it work.  I think they are attempting to rely on the app community for support of the variations of functionality, but they just aren't there. 

My main complaint, is the lack of functionality across the shopify interface.  For example: 

Local pick up option?  Website Only

Take a partial payment? POS only

Second Payment? POS only 

Fulfill transaction? Shopify App or Website, Not POS

Variable options?  Website only (via app) 

If would be really great if there was consistency across website, POS & Shopify app. Same functionality in all. You can see each has been done with a different customer in mind. It feels as though Shopify still sees brick and mortar different the web.  I don't have an online channel & a retail channel; I only have customers on a buying journey. That journey involves web, instore, phone calls, email, chat.... Etc. Shopify will really have the winning product when I can facilitate a purchase on all of the above at any time. Which is what my customers want.

0 Likes
Roostcollection
Pathfinder
82 1 40

For what we are paying or Shopify charging we can't rely on apps.

If this was a true open platform then the base cost would be cheap and the apps would make up for the needs for each business.

I hate apps. My experience when things go wrong fingers start pointing and you're in the middle with nothing being solved.

0 Likes