Shopify POS Questions

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I am currently testing out the Shopify POS but have a few questions and/or suggestions.  Some of these same questions may have already been asked but I would like to get a condensed version, so sorry for any duplicates!

1)  We sell electronics in our store and need to record the serial numbers at the time of sale.  We can definitely use the Notes section, but it would work much better if we can attach the serial number (or note) directly to the item at sale.  Many times we have multiple items on a single sale, and it would be difficult to match the serial number from the Notes section with the item rang up.

2)  Coupons and discounts:  We need to be able to ring up pre-made coupons.  Many times we have manufacturer promotions, and it would be much easier to add a pre-made coupon to the sale.  This would also allow us to reference and record exactly why a product was discounted.

3)  Can we add our logo to the printed receipt?  I cannot find this anywhere.

4)  Variable item price.  I have found this already asked, but this would definitely be easier than doing it manually as it currently is.  We perform repair services, and since Shopify POS doesn't have integrated work orders or service orders, we need to ring up and reference the work order from a separate program.  Just a +1 for this feature.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Corey,

Thank you for the post. 

1)  We sell electronics in our store and need to record the serial numbers at the time of sale.  We can definitely use the Notes section, but it would work much better if we can attach the serial number (or note) directly to the item at sale.  Many times we have multiple items on a single sale, and it would be difficult to match the serial number from the Notes section with the item rang up.

Notes field is the best workaround for now as you mention.

2)  Coupons and discounts:  We need to be able to ring up pre-made coupons.  Many times we have manufacturer promotions, and it would be much easier to add a pre-made coupon to the sale.  This would also allow us to reference and record exactly why a product was discounted.

How would you like to add the pre-made coupon to the sale? Currently you can add a discount name for tracking. 

3)  Can we add our logo to the printed receipt?  I cannot find this anywhere.

We are looking to add this pretty soon :)

4)  Variable item price.  I have found this already asked, but this would definitely be easier than doing it manually as it currently is.  We perform repair services, and since Shopify POS doesn't have integrated work orders or service orders, we need to ring up and reference the work order from a separate program.  Just a +1 for this feature.

Thanks, we are closely looking at this as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Andrew;

Thanks for your reply.  For pre-made coupons, it could be added just like a product.  Heck, you could actually allow coupons to be created this way (negative value product).

In the end, I would like to see coupons that support dollar amounts and percent based.  It would also be great to have coupons that apply only to specific items, or buy x get y, etc.

Coupons don't have to be actual printable coupons, but sale modifiers to help prevent mistakes at the register.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 43

+1 for the need to add serial numbers.  Notes is not a good work around.

0 Likes