Shopify - POS Update (5.51.0)

Highlighted

Updated Shopify POS app to 5.51.0 yesterday - Now till will not open , 'No sale' button showing but shaded paler blue and not clickable.

Appears to be the same problem as last month which 5.46.1 resolved

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1545 92 332

Hey, @Eureka_Jack

I had a chance to run this by our Retail team, who hasn't seen any other reports of the recent update affecting how your cash drawer operates. They did mention that if you see the "no sale button" as greyed out, then that means your printer is not connected. If the till is plugged into the printer, then this would explain why the till is not opening as the printer controls the opening of the drawer. 

The Bluetooth may have been interrupted, which can cause this to happen. Typically restarting the iPad, and/or resetting the connections should resolve the issue. If not, please let me know as I can verify your account and take a closer look. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Peter,

Many Thanks for your quick reply.

The POS works once at start of the day then 'No sale' button greys out for rest of the day.

The only way I can open the till (star mPOP) for the rest of the day is via mPOP utility app, which works just fine. 

0 Likes
Hi Peter,

Many Thanks for your quick reply.

The POS works once at start of the day then 'No sale' button greys out for
rest of the day.

The only way I can open the till (star mPOP) for the rest of the day is via
mPOP utility app, which works just fine.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1545 92 332

@Eureka_Jack 

The POS works once at start of the day then 'No sale' button greys out for rest of the day.

Does this happen after a specific amount of transactions? Is there a regular pattern of when the button greys out?

If you're using the mPop, would you mind trying these steps?

• To start, ensure that there is paper in the receipt printer. If this is empty, other functions of the cash drawer will not work.
  • Test the cash drawer by tapping 'Test cash drawer' in the Store > Hardware > Bluetooth Receipt Printer menu of the POS app. Gently pull on the drawer after you hear it click open. If it resists, there may be something stuck inside.
  • If the load on top of the hardware exceeds 8kg (17.6 lbs.), the cash drawer may not be able to open. The very front of the cash drawer (over the LED display) is also not designed to bear weight.

The Cash drawer requires a connection to the receipt printer in order to operate. If the cash drawer is not "popping" open when a cash sale is made, then check the receipt printer connection. The cord that comes with the cash drawer to connect to the printer may look the same but have labels on either end of the cord-marked printer and cash drawer. It is crucial that these are plugged into the correct device.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Hi Peter, Thanks for your advice & reply.
The till and printer are working just fine using Mpop utility ver.1.7.0 app
as stated earlier. It's only using since upgrading the Shopify POS app
newest version 5.51.0 has the problem occurred.
I have tried all points you kindly mentioned - till roll supply, foreign
object etc.

Still greyed out 'no sale button'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1545 92 332

@Eureka_Jack 

Thank you for confirming. What we'll need to do from here is verify your account and review the issue further with our Retail team. For this, I have sent an email to the email listed on your Forums account with the subject "Shopify Forums Support." If you can reply there with the requested information then we can continue with the troubleshooting. 

In addition, we will also need the logs for your device. 

1. From the Shopify POS app, tap Store, and then tap Support.
  2. Tap Send a report:
  3. In the Send report dialogue, enter a description of the problems that you're experiencing.
  4. Tap Done.

Chat soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks Peter,

Sent report as requested. Also have replied to ticket with screenshot(s)

0 Likes