Shopify POS for Cafe Setting

JFingal
1 0 1

We recently made the switch from Squarespace to Shopify for our website, and Square to Shopify for our POS. We use our POS in our coffee truck, and we are finding the transition very difficult due to a few things:

Inability to print order tickets with big print & customer names

Inability to simply "check" modifiers for drinks instead of creating many screens of variants

Inability to change the checkout flow + a very small tip screen customers struggle to see 

I know other coffee roasters with cafes, and other restaurants must be making the switch to Shopify as the call for direct to consumer sales grow - has anyone else had this problem? Are there app developers looking to solve this problem? Any advice? 

JoanCoffee
1 0 0

I need all of these things as well! Shopify, help please. 

0 Likes
smallakin
Tourist
7 0 2

I have this same issue as a recent switch from Square as well.  I am used to having modifier sets that I can apply to items in a specific category as we do custom orders.  I tried to put all the options I normally have on a custom item as variants and it tells me I have too many variants.

0 Likes
Roostcollection
Explorer
70 1 36

I feel for you guys. We are looking to switch out of shopify. Developers do nothing here!

0 Likes
Davide_Angelett
Tourist
10 0 2

I have been with Shopify for 7 years and it has been excellent for our online coffee business. Don't listen to any shopify moderators. Shopify POS isn't good for coffee shops/bars. We used it for a while for our coffee shop and it has been terrible all along. Missing important features, then becoming slow which means losing customers.  So it's a no no for us. Whilst we will use Shopify for our online shop which is solid and robust for our physical cafe we decide to go with Square  POS which is far more advanced than Shopify.  I hope this helps 

0 Likes
smallakin
Tourist
7 0 2

I appreciate your honesty although it's frustrating to hear as I switched to Shopify simply for the instant sync of inventory between my website and store as we share the same stock.  However, considering I haven't been able to figure out how to do the same features (even with paid apps) I get for free thru Square POS, it looks like I might be heading back that way.  Do you sync your inventory between your Shopify website and your Square POS?  If so, can I ask you what you use for that?

0 Likes
Davide_Angelett
Tourist
10 0 2

we use SKUIQ app for that. It’s free for your first 200 orders then they charge $45/m 

0 Likes