Shopify POS in France and French legislation

Caroline_Dabdoo
1 0 0

Hi everybody! :-)

I'm opening a shop in France in a few months, and I would love to use Shopify POS.

I told my accountant about it yesterday, and he was kind of suspicious as the prices are so much lower than traditionnal (and archaic...) cash register softwares (that I, obviously, really want to avoid!).

I tried to reassure him, but he made me really worried me about one very important thing: the French legislation. The issue here would be to have a tax audit and have people sentence me because the cash register I use doesn't fit with the French requirements.

So I am desperatly trying to find people who either know about Shopify in regards to French laws, or maybe even people who use Shopify POS in their shops based in France! :-)

Please help me, I don't want to end up using Kezia or God knows what! ;-)

0 Likes
Andrea_B1
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
67 0 4

Hey Caroline!

I'd love to know more about this "French legislation" and how it relates to the cash drawer requirements. I did some searching around online and didn't find anything, so I was wondering if you had any documents or other information that I can take a look at with my POS team. We definitely want to find a solution that would work for you! :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Andrea M | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com | 1-888-746-7439

0 Likes