Shopify POS located in Sweden?

Peter_Hugod
2 0 0

Hi!

We're running a cycling store in Sweden, we are using iZettle today, and we switched to Shopify for our webshop since we wanted to use the Shopify POS with the Shopify Card Readers in the store as well as on the website and close down iZettle.

We were disapointed when we realised that the shopify readers was not supported outside the US, I dont think this was stated clear enough in marketing for the service...For us it was pretty much the USP that made us choose Shopify. Anyhow, we need to find a solution, so I've tryed to contact Worldpay, Handepay and AIB without any answers. So, do you have any tips on how we could go forward? 

I've been thinking about creating a script that exports my product database from Shopify and imports it into Izettle. In that way I have the same products in Shopify and Izettle, but then I dont get the payment stats / tracking etc, that I'll get in the POS APP. 

Any ideas?

Best Regards Patrik

0 Likes
Peter_Hugod
2 0 0

I just got this answer from the support:

Dylan H:  

I would recommend using the iZettle account and cahrging credit cards through their devices, and tracking the order within Shopify

Dylan H:  

unfortunately no other card readers work with our system

So, the list you state in your FAQ regarding external supported card readers is wrong?

https://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/get-the-right-shopify-pos-hardware/external-credit-card-termi...

Best Regards Patrik

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hi Peter,

Dylan's comment about other card readers was speaking about direct integration. The option presented in our docs touches on using an external terminal that isn't integrated with Shopify POS, but used alongside it. The external payment terminals' transactions can be recorded with a custom payment method in POS, but isn't otherwise integrated.

Hope this clears things up for you. Let me know if you have any other questions :-)

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
John172
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello, I am assessing the possibility of using Shopify for another Sweden based platform and would like to know what the simplest solution for Peter would be.  One of the most valuable features is the integrated POS so all of your transactions and inventory are in one place.  Is the only solution here to run some sort of parallel store (via iZettle or another platform) or what is the simplest solution in your opinion?

thanks, John

0 Likes