Shopify POS on iPad not Syncing Orders

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 4

I have an iPad that does not want to sync some orders. It syncs one and then does not sync others for no reason.

I have reset the app (and lost the unsynced orders) and it still does not want to sync some orders.

Any ideas? (I have many other iPads and locations that are syncing fine to the same store)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
182 0 12

Hi Cameron, 

The first thing you'll want to do is make sure you're using the latest version of the POS app. If that doesn't work please send us feedback logs from the device so that our technical support team can take a closer look. I have e-mailed you instructions for submitting logs :) 

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 4

I am now having the issue with two more iPads. All new orders are not syncing and email receipts not sending on new orders. They send fine on older synced orders though.

Is there an issue with my account?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
182 0 12

This issue was resolved so here's what happened in case anyone else is wondering! The zip codes entered for each order were not valid for the state chosen and since this information is validated during the syncing process it was causing the error. If the correct zip code is used then everything should sync correctly. 

If the zip code used does happen to be invalid this can be resolved by going to the customer account page in the admin and updating the address there. The information will be passed on to the POS and the order will sync. 

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I seem to be having the same problem, but I can't find the customer in my admin. Is there another way to get to this info?

Thanks!

Shawna

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
182 0 12

Hi Shawna, 

If the customer was created during the order or the address was added during the order, we won't be able to modify the customer account. You will need to recreate the order on the POS with a valid address to have it sync with Shopify. 

Hope this helps :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there a way to find the customer's information?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
182 0 12

Hi Shawna,

Not if the customer was created during the order, since the invalid address won't allow them to sync with the admin. I have sent you an e-mail so we can continue troubleshooting your order specifically :) 

0 Likes