Shopify POS

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

I would like to create a SHOPIFY POS system for a restaurant. Does someone know if Shopify POS can : 

- customize orders

- fire orders to the kitchen the moment they're placed

- if I understand we can't use PC right? Only Ipad or phones? 

Thanks for your help, 

Regards. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
474 65 130

- customize orders - Yes but it's not that flexible

- fire orders to the kitchen the moment they're placed - Yes

- if I understand we can't use PC right? Only Ipad or phones? - Yes only Tablets/Phones

So yes to your specific questions but really Shopify is almost certainly not the best solution for restaurants (it's not what it's aimed at) so I would try it out before you commit.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2684 190 426

Hi @kimwishbeer,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good questions!

As @JonWright alluded to, I'm sure there could be a way to work around the POS for restaurant orders, but it would be complicated and there are definitely better systems and ways to do it. The Shopify POS is built for retail style transactions. Jon answered the questions correctly below and to add to his reply, I will link the helpful guide Shopify has with more information about POS and what it can do. You can see it here

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

Thank you both for your reply.

If Shopify POS is not the best solution, do you happen to know other pos system that are working with shopify? 

Regards, 

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2684 190 426

No problem at all @kimwishbeer.

Vend is a POS system that is compatible with Shopify POS. In this instance, Vend maintains the integration, not Shopify, so it might be worth reaching out to them about how applicable it is to use for restaurant orders. You can see the Vend website here

I did some further research for you on this too and found an article with the 10 best restaurant POS systems in 2020. A lot of them, might not be compatible with Shopify, but it's certainly worth your time to look through and analyze these. You can see the article here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes