Shopify Reader Frozen!!!! Please, please help!!

Kelly19
Tourist
13 0 2

Recently I have had issues where the card reader loses connection to my iPad, so I have to wake it up, not a problem.

Today I made a card transaction then 1/2 hour later it won't connect to my iPad. Normally I would just re pair them but I can't get the Bluetooth sign to start flashing on the reader! In fact I can't turn it off or anything, seems like it's stuck!

i have a major event on this weekend which will be my busiest time at my shop, so I really need some help!!

0 Likes
Karlie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
656 53 119

Hello, Kelly! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! What I would recommend is going through some of our troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the issue first. Then, if the issue still persists - be sure to contact Shopify Support and we can dig into this more for you!

If you're using the tap, chip, and swipe reader and it's getting stuck on any screen, you'll want to try to toggle the bluetooth off then on again on the iOS device. You can read more about troubleshooting the tap, chip and swipe reader here!

I would also recommend going through some troubleshooting steps for your POS app, like making sure your software is up to date!

I hope this helps resolve the issue, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support here!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes