Shopify powering a scam website - www.mysportskart.com

justtoletknow
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello everyone, before saying that this is offtopic please hear me out:

Shopify powers a sports-goods related ecommerce website known as www.mysportskart.com. This website is an absolute scam. 

I've ordered a product a month ago, (Order MSK2029). They ain't responding to the live chat, not to my mails. This is not the case with me, this is not even something new. This website has been scamming people for over a year ! Yes, just google its name and suffix it with "scam" you'll get tons of complaints on several consumer websites.

I know this is a legal issue but shopify can atleast review it and suspend it. Unless I don't know for how long it'll keep on scamming people.

Please do reply or comment if you have any opinions. I couldnt find shopify's email address so using this forum.

Replies 5 (5)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @justtoletknow 

Hope you're having a great day!

You should check out how to report an issue with a Merchant.

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

justtoletknow
Visitor
2 0 1

Can you please push my request, I've already filled that form with the below information.

Hello, I've ordered sports goods from mysportskart.com for INR 799. The product was expected to deliver in 2 weeks but I haven't received it. I have contacted them on mails, on live chat on their site, multiple times over last few weeks no response.

NO ONLY THAT, when you google "mysportskart.com scams" you'll receive hundreds of customers scammed by this site. This scam goes over a year !

Please help me get my refund and please take down this website. Its a cheap scam.

Link to prove their scam: https://www.consumercomplaints.in/bycompany/mysportskart-com-a578339.html

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS !

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @justtoletknow 

Hope you're having a great day!

@Lilith or @Aria  could help you effectively.

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@Michal17 thank you for the tag. 

@justtoletknow if you've submitted the AUP report through the form that Michal mentioned, that is a great first step. Although we cannot confirm publicly here if any website is using Shopify or not, it's recommended to submit that report if you believe that the specific site is using Shopify as their platform.

Once you submit the report, the investigative team will review and look into the report. You won't receive details on their investigation due to privacy reasons, however, you have some options to assist yourself in your specific situation regarding your order.

If you haven't received an order from any website on the internet (regardless of whether they use Shopify), the best thing to do is to check the site for shipping policies. In our current climate, many postal services globally are experiencing delays in deliveries. If you've waited the allotted time according to their website's estimated time for delivery, contacting the site directly will be the next best course.

Following that, if their customer service is unable to respond to you within a week or so you can contact your bank or payment provider to let them know your situation. Your bank or payment provider will be able to discuss your financial options for this situation.

I recommend this FAQ post here to check on any other steps you can take.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tanuj11
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey, I don't know if you're still on this thread, but recently I fell victim to this scam too, they took 5k and didn't send my products. I later found reviews saying the site is a scam, and they've been running on Shopify for OVER 2 YEARS. Not only that, but they regularly update their product catalogue, making you think they're legit. I think its just sad, as many consumers have fallen victim to the same, lost tens of thousands of rupees, but Shopify is not looking into the matter even though it is on their own platform. What's worse is they have no customer care number and do not reply to emails.