Show text-only on POS sales screen?

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

Is it possible to show just the name of a product on the POS display screen, instead of its photo?

I know the product name is below the photo, but I have a visually impaired employee would would appreciate a big text-only sales screen (actually, we all would.)  And I obviously don't want to delete the photos off my website.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Just duplicate your products, flag them as POS only and change their images to images of the text you want.  Flag all your original products as web only so they dont show on your POS.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

Thanks, Daniel. Though that solution literally doubles the number of my products and will be time-consuming to set up, it seems like it's the winner so far.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

Um, Daniel, on second thought ... this won't work at all as it will put the whole inventory out-of-whack.  Having two SKUs for one exact item would be disasterous -- I can't see a way of merging the two in one inventory count.

In a real-life example, let's say I only have one chocolate Easter Bunny left on my store shelf.  My web version - with photo - says there's one bunny available; my POS version - text-only - also says there's one available. A person on the web and another person in my store could buy the same item at the same time.

Thanks.  I'm going to keep searching ...

0 Likes