Socket Mobile S700 will stop scanning at POS checkout and only scan barcode in the search field.

jyc800
2 0 1

We have been having a reoccurring problem with Shopify POS as it pertains to the Socket Mobile s700 scanner.   I have updated the IPAD to the latest iOS and have also updated the Shopify POS app to the latest version.   The issue we are having is that at the checkout screen, the scanner will not scan the item's barcode into the cart.  But if we select the search bar and scan the item into the search bar, the item will appear on search and we can then click on the item to add it to the cart.   Obviously its a work around but not the most ideal as we have had multiple instances where our staff will click the item twice by accident and overcharge a customer, or they forget to select the item once scanned and it does not go into the cart.     I have called Shopify support about this and they recommended that it may be that the scanner needs to be reset to scan barcodes, however that is not the solution to this problem.   I have also removed the scanner from the iPad and reinstalled it via the Shopify POS app.  This seems to work temporarily and the scanner will revert back to only scanning items in the search bar.   I have also tried other s700 scanners as well and they all end up with the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?  And if so, anybody able to figure out a solution?

Thank you in advance!

Jason

0 Likes
Roostcollection
Pathfinder
83 1 40

Oh ya, Ours does the same thing. And Oh the developers are working on it as the shopify help tells us.

I truly believe there is only one developer, and they are not developing because in a year I have not seen anything

new come out of shopify. They are only attempting to put band aids the F-up systems they put in place.

Love the term shopify help uses. "WORK AROUND" it's kind like "CIRCLE BACK"

0 Likes