Some suggestions

Highlighted
5 0 0

I really like POS but I have a few suggestions...

• Ask if the item is being sold in store or if it needs to be fulfilled - its easy to forget to do this unless it asks
  • Do not allow all staff members free reign over the system - let us decide who can do what.
  • Allow us to pull up the description and other information about the item from the iPad so that we don't have to go elsewhere when a customer needs specs
  • Log the user out immediately after a transaction and ask for their PIN again
  • Is there a way that we can view activity online? If not that would also be great instead of needing to go to the iPad.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Feargal,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. They definitely influence the projects we take on.

• Ask if the item is being sold in store or if it needs to be fulfilled - its easy to forget to do this unless it asks

Are most of your items fulfilled by default or not fulfilled? You can adjust the default of the toggle in the iPad app settings accordingly. If you set the toggle to "not fulfilled" by default then you should never really run into an issue where an order appears un-actionable but actually is actionable. Only the reverse might happen, which, in theory, is not as bad.

Do not allow all staff members free reign over the system - let us decide who can do what.

Yes we will get to this mid-2014.

Allow us to pull up the description and other information about the item from the iPad so that we don't have to go elsewhere when a customer needs specs

We're prioritizing this for the new year, thanks for the +1

Log the user out immediately after a transaction and ask for their PIN again

This is coming soon

Is there a way that we can view activity online? If not that would also be great instead of needing to go to the iPad.

Do you mean register shift activity? or orders?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting back so soon.

When talking about the viewing of activity I am talking about the shift activity. I can't see a way to monitor if a float comes in short or over or to see who is making adjustments without having to go to the iPad in person.

0 Likes