Staff account PINs not working!

Highlighted
1 0 0

I just upgraded our Shopify account up to the "retail package" so we could track sales by representative (and use the cool little cash register, too!). But none of our staff is able to log into the POS using their PINs. The screen just shakes, erases the entry and requests the PIN again.

I have been talking to support about this, but the issue is still unresolved. I am wondering:

a) if other users have encountered this error and

b) what, if anything worked to fix it? did you find a clever workaround?

The issue here is that we do NOT want our sales people to be logged in as admins, and apaprently outside of the POS staff PIN system, that's the only option as regular accounts with limited permissions cannot log into the POS at all (which is insane!)

Any thoughts on this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Eric, 

I work at a small store and we've had the same issue! Can't seem to find an answer anywhere, and the support team has tried helping but has had no luck. It's only an issue with one new staff person with a newly created account and PIN. Everyone else's seems to work fine.

Have you solved the problem yet? Our only workaround at the moment is to have the new staff person just use someone else's PIN.

Hopefully someone figures something out!

Cheers, 

Ingrid

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I keep getting an authentication pin sent to me and it still does not work to get a hold of support

0 Likes