Staff account POS only

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 3

Hello everyone,

At my B&M we have one ipad for the store that is used by multiple employees throughout the day. I know that i can create staff accounts for POS only to track which employee is making each sale. My question is, it there a easy way off logging staff memebers in and out between each transaction besides having to into the store settings and logging out after each transaction?

Looking for something where before and employee runs a transaction they can input their pin number just for that transaction and it doesnt keep them logged in. I dont want to have to have multiple ipads in the store for each employee to use just to track their transactions 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1530 92 331

Hey, Kyle!

Peter here from Shopify Support!

From the details provided, it sounds like your store would benefit from having the POS retail package added to your account. This feature comes at a cost of $49/month, however, it would allow you to add POS staff members who can log in and out with a PIN vs giving them their own full access staff account for the admin. What's great is that POS staff members don't go towards your accounts "staff account" limit, so if some of your staff don't require admin access, then this will help clear up some space. We have a great document here that dives into all the details about our Retail package should this peak your interest!

If that's not what you're after, let me know by replying back with some more details and I'd be happy to take another look!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Kyle,

I'm in process of setting up a B&M and have the same situation. On your iPad POS, go into Store>Settings>Auto-lock Screen and use the toggle switch to activate auto-lock after sale. When a user completes a POS transaction the Shopify app will return to the pincode screen. However ... if the user is only going into the POS to look up order history, etc you will still need to manually lock the POS (since this is not a "transaction"). Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Tourist
16 0 3

Rosemarie,

Thanks for the heads up! i figured that out as well after messing with stuff for a little bit. Blows my mind that all shopify employees i spoke with told me i had to have a developer put that function into the our POS or had to wait for them to develop that feature when it has been intergrated the entire time....

As for the manually logging as part you spoke about, along with the auto lock after each transaction i also set it to lock after 2 minutes of the POS being idle. Doesnt completely solve the issue if a transaction is not put through, but it helps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

As a sidenote, I have figured out the following (since you are using this to help track the employee sales):

• Employee "A" processes a sale
  • Employee "B" processes a return of an item from the original sale

When you are looking at the Sales by Staff report, you will see the Employee "A" name assigned to the return transaction. However, if you look into the Orders you will see Employee "B" as the Refunded By.

0 Likes