Stocky and Receiving stock

Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

I can't be the only one with this issue.  Apparently in stocky - you have to recreate a purchase order for the items that will come in another shipment and another invoice.  So if you get multiple shipments for the same Purchase order - you have to remove the items that were not on the invoice and create a new purchase order to put those items in.   IT is very rare that a supplier will ship you perfectly a purchase order.  Why is this not basic stocky???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 1 6

You can specify a partial receipt - does this help?

We're just starting to use Stocky and had this same situation this week. When confirming the PO, the dropdown at the end of the product line allows the partial receipt.

It's really crude, and we ended up making a right mess of the PO and had to start again (doesn't update correctly as you resync, then book sin everything if you refresh...).

Definitely some way to go with development on Stocky...! 

Hope the Partial Receipt answers your question though

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

The partial receipt only works if you have a quantity of more than 1 (so you have to have 2) and you are receiving one.  If you receive 0 - it doesn't work.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 1 6

Like I say, still learning Stocky ourselves, but we just left any items not received as ‘not received’. Then when subsequently the goods arrive, go back to the PO and ‘receive’ them.

Does this not work for you?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I am seeing the same issue you have when it comes to a line item with a single unit. I also agree that the main issue here is that most of the time a store won't get a perfect receipt. This seems to be an issue both with Stocky and the beta version of the Shopify Purchase orders.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

No it doesn't as I have multiple invoices.  The goods may not arrive for a month and I need to know totals to pay invoices.  You can't have multiple invoices on a purchase order.  

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 2

This is basic retail.  I am moving to lightspeedhq POS because shopify is great at ecommerce but horrible at point of sale.

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi there! Saw your question here about partially receiving a purchase order.

I'm on the Shopventory team and we're an inventory app for Shopify. We allow for partially receiving POs across various shipments. Here's an article with more information!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

Yes you can receive them at any time.  The issue is that you can't have multiple invoices for that PO.  So you might get the other items a month later but you need to pay the invoice.  The invoice total is for the entire PO Amount and not the amount received.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

I feel this is basic retail.

0 Likes