System Crashing and Double Charging

HarryStrevens
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey all,

Over the past couple of weeks both of our Systems have been crashing or double charging customers in either of our stores. 

Crashes can be as small as the printer or barcode no longer working, or the entire system being unresponsive. The app itself seems fine and the IOS on our iPad's are all updated to the latest software. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

Replies 2 (2)

Silver-Origins
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi , yes since updating to new POS, we are having problems with card reader, cards being declined, app freezing on reverse payments, and customers believing they’ve been charged twice as showing in their bank account as payment pending etc. 

im so frustrated as shopify have ignored my reports of this back in July . I switched back to classic pos and no problems but now there is no classic and new pos has this problem bug and we are stuck with this. 

spoke to someone today in shopify support called Dennis who was great and is looking into it again , so hoping shopify will recognise this issue and deal with it urgently. We will see.

regards

Marcus

artandsoulhub
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Marcus,

Yes we have been having similar issues with reversing payments and customers believing they have been charged twice. I share your frustrations as it reflects poorly on us with our customers and its not acceptable.

Please let me know if you get a resolution to this as the guidance that I received from Geoff in Shopify support didn't work for us (I've since opened another ticket and am waiting for resolution). I don't want to switch to another card payment provider but I don't see many other options.

Regards,

Roger