Take Payments for online orders on Shopify POS

Harry22
Excursionist
19 0 8

Hello!

I'm missing one specific feature on the POS, and i can't really understand why it's not possible. We're running an online store and 2 retails stores. It's all on Shopify and we're pretty happy with it. The POS System is pretty easy going. I just have this one Problem. We do have a lot of customers that order items online and choose to pick them up in one of our store. When the customers comes by to pick up his order, he usually want's to pay for it, since he's already in the store. So the good thing is, i can browse through all orders in the POS, online and retail. It's all there. I can do a refund when necessary. But for some reason i can't take the payment for an online order. If it's an unfulfilled order, created on the POS itself, i can open the order and i have a button there that says "take payment". But if it's an online order this button is missing. So i need to create a whole new order with the customers details and ring him up. Then i have to cancel the existing online order, in order to not mess up my numbers. This is very inconvenient. Can't you guys just enable this button for all orders, so we can ring'em up right on the POS? Would make so much sense, don't you think?

Thanks in advance for any efforts! 

0 Likes
Harry22
Excursionist
19 0 8

Am i seriously alone with this? Am i the only shop offering in store pick ups? 

0 Likes
Alex_M3
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
287 0 62

Hey Harry,

What I often see Online stores do for in-store pickup is offer a Shipping Rate for In-Store Pickup, then mark the order as 'Fulfilled' once the customer comes in to actually claim it.

In your case, it sounds like a customer has you put something on hold through the Online Store, then comes to your retail location and pays for it when he picks it up. I'd normally put this through just as a regular POS sale, but I'm guessing you have a reason for wanting things this way. Are you tracking how many customers come from an online order and then do an instore pickup?

Let me know what would be ideal for you and I'll see if we have a way to do it. :)

-Alex M.

Shopify Guru | support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Harry22
Excursionist
19 0 8

Dear Alex

Completely forgot about this thread, really sorry for not responding. However the issue is still bugging me. You got the right idea, the customer places an order online and wants to pick it up in the retail store and pay it. So far so good. I can open the the order on the POS, but i can't process a payment on the POS by cash or card. 

What i do now, is to create a whole new POS Sale, with adding the customer. But what do i do with the original order placed online? In order to not mess up my stock and statistics i need to cancel that order. But that i just a very unpleasant solution, because now i don't have a correct statistic for really cancelled orders.

I'm just wondering (and i'm wondering that since almost a year now) why the take payment button is missing when i'm opening orders from the webshop. Because when i open a order from the POS, which has not been paid yet, the button is there. I just need that button!

Philippe_Girard
1 0 0

Hi,

We have the same problem has Harry. We are currently selling products on our Online Store, but we are unable to process payment with the POS after that. The button «Take payment» that is usually there when we are doing sales with the POS is not there for that kind of sales. For us, this type of transaction comes often since we are selling a lot on our webshop.

Is there any easy way to do that, it is very important for us!

Thanks!

0 Likes