Thinking of switching from Quickbooks POS to Shopify POS but have a question about inventory cost

Angel_Young
Tourist
6 0 2

I am considering switching to Shopify POS for my 2 brick and mortar clothing stores/smoke shops.  

If we switched to Shopify POS, will I still be able to run a report to show the total cost of my inventory at a given time? Quickbooks POS calls it inventory valuation.    

0 Likes
hstb
Explorer
51 2 24

No reports in Shopify POS. In Shopify admin, no report like that. Take a look at Stocky or Better Reports apps. They both an inventory valuation report.

Stephen34
Shopify Partner
59 1 81
Shopify POS is just a register (point of sale). On the other hand your QB POS is actually a full inventory management system. You will either need additional inventory management software such as Stocky from the app store, which last I checked is free but very basic....it may meet your needs. There are also many many other inventory management apps. Additionally, you could do what I do and use Shopify POS to ring people up and it and your website orders all flow into your QB POS where you do inventory management from the QB POS which is also connected to your QB. I use a app called Shoplink Integrator to connect Shopify to the QB POS.
0 Likes
Wildernest1
Tourist
9 0 3

"Additionally, you could do what I do and use Shopify POS to ring people up and it and your website orders all flow into your QB POS where you do inventory management from the QB POS which is also connected to your QB. I use a app called Shoplink Integrator to connect Shopify to the QB POS."

Would you mind explaining your workflow for that please Stephen34?  I'm about a week away from launching shopify -  coming from QB POS and there are aspects of QB that I really like - receiving inventory and the reporting are two of the biggest that come to mind.

Thanks,
Steve

0 Likes
PoshBabyPDX
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm curious how things worked out and your thoughts on cutting the QB POS?

I'm in the same boat, and love Shopify for my online store, but QB nervous to give up POS because of the inventory management and my role and needs as a "buyer".

How did you handle integrating the two? My items in POS are not names the same as I have them online.

Would love to learn more. 

Thanks,

Natalie

0 Likes