Tipping Feature - Adding Tips to Checkout on POS

Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 50

I believe a big feature is missing here. 

Allow customers to tip similar to Square Register. When a service is added to the checkout the system should ask for a tip as Square does.

Right now this is the only feature holding us back from using Shopify.

Please guys get this feature going!

Thanks!

24 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the feedback. We have not heard many requests for a tipping feature up to this point as most of our customers sell only retail merchandise. I assume the tipping feature would be helpful with the services your business offers. We will definitely prioritize this in our future roadmap.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi Sarah,

Whole thread on this can be found here: http://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/adding-gratuity-116480

Here's the tut Tetchi created to go along with it: http://www.tetchi.ca/shopify-tutorial-adding-a-tip-or-donation-to-the-cart-page/

I'm working on implementing it as well - wish me luck!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 50

Come on guys we need this so I can replace my Square app and have an all in one solution! Can't be that hard.. Just make it an option to enable or disable in settings for business that sell products and services in-store!

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1 0 4

Yes, tips would be a great addition to Shopify POS!  We've had to add a product called Tips and ask our customers if they want to tip and how much (extremely awkward). Thanks!

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 19

Hey

I run a coffee shop and retail space for local products and use shopify because it allows us to have unique vendors, our customers want to tip after swiping their card (like in Square), I have read the thread on adding tips to the shopping cart but that doesn't really work for POS since it is really awkward to have to ask customers if they want to tip and how much before swiping their card (oh, and could you make that a round number please..) We would really appreciate a gratuity solution for POS---thanks!

5 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Thanks for the post Sandra. We are definitely looking to add this in the future. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 9

I run a wine bar inside my Boutique and I need this tipping feature as well. Otherwise I will need to use a separate POS for my wine room. That wouldnt make sense. 

7 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 5

Hi, I run a Micro Brewery just outside of ottawa and we have just opened up a restaurant. We moved from Square to keep our local concept throughout the whole business and love using shopify. My staff however are rather upset that they cannot be effectively tipped on CC transactions. Please make this update!

5 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 19

I think there are enough of us looking for a point of sale gratuity option to warrant immediate attention by the Shopify team. Those of us using Shopify for in person sales at our stores, restaurants or coffee shops are missing out on a significant revenue source.   

6 Likes