Tipping Feature - Adding Tips to Checkout on POS

maciej_
Tourist
6 0 1

I honestly wouldn’t even suspect you can have a POS solution without the tipping feature—totally puzzling. 

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10354 155 1990

This is a fairly old post but for those still following see this announcement in the API section:
https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/api-announcements/t/upcoming-launch-shopify-tips-521468

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Upper_Valley_Sn
Tourist
8 0 4

Shopify still will not provide an availability date for this feature. It's preventing us from ditching Square entirely.

0 Likes
Robert_Hamilton
Tourist
11 0 10

Good evening Shopify Merchants,

You will be happy to be informed that adding Tips to checkout on POS has been pushed LIVE to the App Store along with a new Exchanges & Return feature.

Thanks

Robert

0 Likes
Upper_Valley_Sn
Tourist
8 0 4

Saw it pushed down to us as part of the 5.0.0 Release, thank god! thank you

0 Likes
RobEllis
1 0 0

This does not solve the issue for tipping for my employees that rely on tips for their income.
When is a tipping function going to be added to the all new point of sale?
This is the only system I have seen without it on POS.
Honestly if I knew this in advance I would not have switched from square.
Help me out here.
It says "Coming Soon".
When?

0 Likes
IGotNothin
Excursionist
12 1 4

I've been bugging Shopify for a month about this. The latest word is "the feature is in closed beta and will be rolled out soon." I've had a series of communications with Shopify about this -- their staff isn't properly trained on the new software so they're unaware that tips are no longer a part of the PoS. I had to send in a screen shot of the grayed out tip option in settings.

0 Likes
tarek-rahme
Excursionist
53 0 1

Hello IGotNothin,

I am Tarek, an app developer.

Is this still an issue for you? If yes, any details on the feature you'd need?

Thanks !

0 Likes
tarek-rahme
Excursionist
53 0 1

Hello RobEllis,

I am Tarek, an app developer.

Is this still an issue for you? If yes, any details on the feature you'd need?

Thanks !

0 Likes