Tipping Feature - Adding Tips to Checkout on POS

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 19

Hi again Shopify

Your customers are hurting because of the lack of a tipping feature. Our business is a bootstrap start up, shoe string budget operation and we are missing out on a huge portion of our income every time someone pays with a card and is not able to tip. Please please please make this a priority. We love using shopify but without this feature the POS is simply flawed.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the feedback. As with all of our products, we're always looking to bring new features that fill the functionality needs of merchants, and we know how important tipping is. We also want to make sure that when do release functionality, it's efficient, smart and never in your way.

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 19

does that mean it's coming? 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 12

Does this mean its coming???

Square keeps releasing great features.. One of the newer ones is appointments.. A bit primitive but effective and I am sure being improved in the short term. If they had an sufficient online store system as feature rich as Shopify it would be a no brainer switch. But we love shopify's online store features but we need the addons features to make it a easy decision to use you.

My wishlist for Shopify:
Tipping Feature on POS
Scan in Barcodes to Products from POS
Add/edit products from POS
Appointment integration with web and POS would be amazing.

We get all of this and bye bye goes square.

7 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 12

Still nothing?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Definitely, desperately need this feature! 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Here is another request that the tipping option is a must. We cannot use your POS unless it encourages tipping. Follow Square's example, not Shopkeep's.

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 4

Really need this feature integrated to Shopify. I just opened a coffee shop and decided to go with Shopify POS. Not only my baristas are begging me for this, but they depend on tips as well.

Is there a realistic timeframe to have this feature incorporated to Shopify?

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Hello? Is this thing on? Really need a tip function and some response from Shopify on when we can expect this. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

I am considering cancelling our new Shopify account due to this thread.  It's not so much that tipping isn't a feature (although it would be great if it was), but rather that Shopify's responses here are vague, noncommital, and unhelpful.  If there's a good reason to not add a feature that many customers seem to want, please be more transparent about what they are.  

2 Likes