Tipping Feature - Adding Tips to Checkout on POS

Highlighted
2 0 1

Kindly launch the tipping feature soon! It's a very basic requirement for a lot of businesses and seems to be runinig the customer experience for many. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 5

Please help, and quickly. We are in Oakland where the minimum wage has just gone up, and we can barely pay our employees. We are having a terrible time hiring as well because no one in the service industry wants to work without tips! Can we please get an answer as to when this will be implemented? It is a huge priority!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 9

We have a wine bar inside our ladies boutique that has built to 30% of our business over the last 8 months. We too will be switching from Shopify to another POS system very soon if this doesnt happen. We cant continue to manually manage this. Agree that their responses are non committal and unhelpful. Saying you are looking at it for two years means you are doing nothing. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 9

Shopkeep actually does this very well..from what i can tell..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

We have used Shopkeep for a year now.  Their tipping feature is "fine". It works and serves the purpose but needs a redesign as customers see a pin pad on the screen and have a tendancy to type in their ATM pin without even thinking or reading. Then we see the huge tip the next day as we run through transactions after it has already processed and cannot credit back just the tip, so end up having to give them cash, a check or to credit the entire amount by taking their credit card number (often over the phone) and recharge the correct amount.  Because we do not have their contact information, must wait until they contact us. The nice thing about Shopkeep is that we can shop processor rates and they will pair up with any processor. We moved from Square who had an ideal tip screen when they increased their rates and were no longer competitive for us.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 9

The other thing that would go along with Tipping is the ability to keep checks open. This should not be that difficult to do. In the end I just think Shopify doesnt care. Its core business is web, so it spends all its time and resources optimizing web features which means it will never gain credibility as a POS system for more than simple selling. Ive looked at Lavu or Revel, which are probably the best ones out there for a bar or quick serve. But I was trying to avoid running two different POS systems for inventory, accounting, complexity reasons.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

You can easily keep checks open in Shopkeep - and "to avoid running two different POS systems for inventory, accounting, complexity reasons" is exactly why many of us are looking at Shopify. Maybe someday one provider will get there.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 9

I like shopify. It worked great until I put a wine bar in my store. Now its lacking in every area that has to do with that segment of my business. Things that a restuarant POS system does with ease Shopify cant even do with a workaround. Very frustrating. and there are threads on here dating back three years where it was being considered and looked at.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD THIS NOW!!!!! there is an obvious demand for this! I can't imagine this being so difficult!!!

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 6

I'm donig a free trial, and probably won't sign up because the POS is missing a tip feature. It is obviously a huge need, and competitors are doing it just fine, so.....

2 Likes