Tipping Feature - Adding Tips to Checkout on POS

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

When? We need tipping now, we are ready to open pos service store and my employees are going to be mad that there is no tipping line, enough of a problem to make us move to another application.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 5

heard from an inside source that they are not prioritising this in the near future. We're moving away from shopify for POS, good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Are you serious? There is 10.000 complains about tipping for years...

This answer drives me crazy!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Shopify,

Shopify Payments is losing $5,000+ per week in gross alcohol sales to square because of the lack of a tipping function.  We are a retail home decor store with a Wine bar/tasting room(Wine Bar is on square).  I currently manage both inventories with INTRAKR and if the tipping function is not added within the next few months we will be completely dropping your POS and Shopify Payments.  Our website sales are pennies compared to our instore sales so this would be a big loss overall.  Based on the fact that this has been requested heavily for over two years we are beginning to doubt your overall customer service.  I hope you add a tipping function before shopkeep offers online integration.  Otherwise we will be making a switch.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Please add this feature asap! We are a winery + tasting room and love Shopify EXCEPT WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO ADD TIP! Please, Shopify! Your users want and more importantly, need this feature. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Our Outdoor Outfitting business is in the same position. I have been contacting Shopify staff weekly and have never received a propper response back. We have $10,000 in tips jeopardy by the lack of tip feature, and employees are getting pissed. I can't beleive that this is not something Shopify is prioritizing. Considering leaving their platform. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Not having gratuities is definitely the deal breaker. Goodbye, Shopify you didn't make it past the first day of my trial period.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

As a longtime Shopify customer our Brewery is in need of this as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Also need tipping to switch from Square to Shopify POS. Or else we cannot switch. Please fix.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

Hi guys,

Any updates on this?  This is crucial for me now...  I just started using Shopify for my online store and POS (a general store serving coffee and sandwiches) and really need tipping.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Thanks!

2 Likes