Tipping Feature - Adding Tips to Checkout on POS

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

My client just open first store and found out there are no tipping feature. I don't think they will continoue to use shopify anymore. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 9

Has there been any update on this gratuity feature? My business needs this too as a party and entertainment facility. We tried just adding a new product each time we had to add a grat on to an order, but soon stopped because our inventory was getting flooded with miscellaneous "Gratuity" products, so we wiped them all out and have just added the amount on to the card through an external credit card processor. This however, is now proving to be troublesome as we've had some party parents refute the card charges on their accounts since they don't match their receipt (which due to lack of gratuity ability, is missing on their charge receipt). 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am in the same boat - my customers are asking for this...I sell retail online and in my studio but also have services. I can't run their card on two seperate platforms if they buy retail and have a service. I choose shopify and i'm losing the income. Any update on this, Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 0 10

After several years of online existence on Shopify, we just began a brick and mortar only to realize this huge hole in the system. Also more suprised that Shopify has remained unresponsive for so long over the numerous demands by various sellers for this basic feature. We might have to switch to Square for our offline sale after all.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Hello? Is this thing on? 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 50

Some day.... I gotta give square credit, they roll out tons of new features all the time... But there biggest lacking feature is online sales, where shopify excels in... 

SHOPIFY...

GIVE US A TIPPING FEATURE AND A WAY TO CLASSIFY IF THESE PRODUCTS ARE SERVICES AND WILL USE THAT FEATURE..

*crickets*

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
125 0 20

how where you doing this if you cant edit the price of something, or where you just doing a custom sale

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 0 10

Would appreciate a yes/no/we are still thinking about it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
19 0 5

Hi guys,

We aren't currently working on this but may investigate it in 2016.

Guy

Product @ Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
125 0 20

I dont see why you arent working on it, its detrimental to some stores and you are losing alot of business for such a simple feature 

2 Likes