Tips on iPhone app ... but not iPad?

Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 2

Short and sweet: just got the PoS setup with cradle for an iPad and tap / chip reader. The iPhone app can accept tips. My Shopify web site can accept tips. The iPad app cannot.

That's ... disappointing. And, honestly, baffling. It absolutely makes no sense.

If I try to open the tasting room in the brewery without tips, my guys are going to rebel.

When are we going to get tips? It's freaking essential.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 2

In order to use the tap and chip card reader on my phone, I had to ... upgrade ... to the new look PoS software. No tips there. 

Hey, Shopify, can we get some kind of indication when this functionality will be available? It's crucial for a lot of businesses. It is, I daresay, one of the most important features for anyone who serves food  and drink in North America. That it exists solely as a stub that says "Coming soon" is mind boggling. I bought the system based on being able to do everything I needed on the default software, not the new software.

Anything? Anything at all?

1 Like
2 0 0

Yes! Everything they said! When is this going to work??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 2

Nothing. The word from Shopify is "soon" and with meaningless suggestions like "add in an uncategorized charge and keep track of those charges because that's a thing businesses want to do and something customers, some of whom may wish to expense purchases, will look forward to doing. Or set up set amounts as untaxed products because it's reasonable to have fixed rate tips when clients spend anywhere from $5 to to $200 in the tasting room."

0 Likes