Trying to Edit the Checkout Process Verbiage and Required Fields

Mae_Innovations
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi, so we've been having trouble with our Shopify store. We're trying to adjust the checkout process, mostly just some verbiage changing, and adding/removing certain text fields. I'm hoping you might be able to help us out.

In a few screenshots, this is basically what we're trying to do:
Cart Page
Shopify Checkout Process Edits_Cart.png
Info Page
Shopify Checkout Process Edits_Info.png
Submit Page
Shopify Checkout Process Edits_Submit.png
Reply 1 (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

Hi again, @Mae_Innovations!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your question!

Customizing the verbiage in your website is a great idea as it's a way to personalize and improve the customer experience in your store. However, I see you're wanting to do this so customers can request a quote instead of placing an order. Since this is the case, customizing the verbiage wouldn't be the best course of action to achieve what you need. You can still do this using the language editor, but your desired setup will also require editing the checkout as the checkout is natively made to go through payments. Editing the checkout is not possible unless you're on the Shopify Plus plan, our pricing plan for large enterprises. There are more viable ways to have customers request a quote for an item instead of placing an order when checking out, which I shared in your previous post. I'm happy to reiterate them here.

First, you can replace the add to cart button with a contact us link. We have a tutorial on that on this page. This feature will prompt the customer to send you an email once they click the button, and you can then manually send them a quote using a draft order. If you're using a Shopify theme, you can have the tutorial carried out by our Themes team using design time which entitles you to 60 minute's worth of supported customizations when you're on a paid plan. If you're interested in this method, you may visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request; and we can send a request to our Themes team from there.

Another way to enable a request-a-quote feature is to use an app. The tutorial above isn't a detailed setup as it only prompts the customer to send an email, so if you would like a more robust setup, I suggest using an app. You can check out the request-a-quote apps on this page. If you have specific questions about the apps or need further assistance, you may contact the app's support team through the Support section of the app listing.

If these aren't solutions that are suitable for your store, feel free to provide details as to why that is so I can check if we have other workarounds. Is there any particular reason why you prefer editing the checkout?

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog