UK card reader issues

Highlighted
6 0 0

Is anyone seeing issues in UK with how their shopify card machine takes payments. When I hit CHARGE on the POS App it defaults to card payment. That is ok (although not great) but then my card reader automatically goes into a status that allows payment by swipe/chip&pin/contactless. This is where the really irritating feature for customers kicks in. There is now NO way they can pay other than contactless...that is, if they insert their card to pay with pin, the card reader processes the payment as if contactless. Oddly, for 1 week my card reader worked in a better way...i had to ask the customer to hit the GREEN TICK if they wanted to pay contactless. After a week it reverted back to the irritating mode. Looking at the new and cheaper izettle solution now as I won't be able to continue with shopify if they don't fix this. I have tried 3 different card readers and I can't get a stable system.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 14

Hello, Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the card reader. We're going to take a look into this issue and will get back to you shortly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi

Did some testing on this. On one Ipad I had App version 4.7.5 and on the other 4.8.1. The problem occurs with 4.8.1 but not with the 4.7.5 ipad. When I updated the 4.7.5 App Ipad to the 4.8.1 App, the problem returned i.e. the card reader went straight to contactless mode which in essence prevents chip/pin payments under £30.

Regards

Barry

0 Likes