URGENT REQUEST: Make iPad phone field use the phone keyboard

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
169 2 147

Hi There.

The phone field in the iPad app doesn't use the phone keybaord which makes it confusing, fiddly and time-consuming to enter a correctly formatted phone number (like +613 XXXX XXXX) - especially when an impatient customer is standing there. It also results in wrong data being entered or worse, no phone number which is painful when order notification emails end up in the customer's junk folder.

URGENT FEATURE REQUEST:

Please change the phone field so that a proper iOS phone keyboard is displayed. It has all of the required phone symbols and numbers in a simplified, less stressful keyboard and would not only speed-up the retail experience but also greatly improve post-sale follow up (this is currently a huge headache for us with some customers).

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers

Ben

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4esdgzfebd1xup5/phone-keybaord.png?dl=0

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 79

Hey, Ben, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. I definitely understand how much that screen can make tasks in your POS app a lot easier. In this case, I will absolutely pass this feedback along to our developers and maybe this will be something we can tweak in our POS in the future. 

Before I do that, can you share your store's URL with me? That will help us keep track of how many people a feature like this would benefit. 

Also, if you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
169 2 147

Thanks Ann, our store is thehotelsheet.co.nz

Hopefully this update won't require lots of feature requests as it's a basic UI oversight that's easily corrected. On smaller iPads, we have to switch between 3 different keyboards which is fiddly, confusing, and silly!

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 79

Hey again, 

Thanks for providing me with that! I have gone ahead and forwarded all of these details to our team for you :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
169 2 147

This is still a huge issue sorry, we do a lot of consumer shows and on certain iPads, finding a + symbol is very confusing. The iPhone app loads a numerical keyboard, can't it do the same on an iPad?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 79

Hey, Ben, 

I've definitely shared this feedback with our team of developers for you, however, I can't guarantee that this will be changed, or what the timeline will look like. That said, they are aware, and if this is something that they tackle, make sure to keep the apps updated so you see it reflected!

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes