URGENT: Recent changes affecting tax override??

Store_Staff
Excursionist
21 0 4

Has anyone notice if your tax override is working? since today it stop working for us.  Has there been changes to this area???

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hi there,

It looks like there was a slight issue in the setup of a tax override. Our support team has reached out to get this fixed up with you.

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
Store_Staff
Excursionist
21 0 4

Yes thank you.  Weird thing is, we haven't touch the tax overide since Brian came to set us up the first day. 

0 Likes
Store_Staff
Excursionist
21 0 4

Now I'm being told I need to request a new feature request because the tax overide doesn't carry over into the POS, even though it has been working on the POS for us for the past 2 months up until today when it stopped working.  One support tells me I have setup wrong, and another tells me it is not supported on the POS???

Any thoughts? Cause I really don't want to be manually changing each item's tax.  Imagine the line and angry customers we'll have...which means I'm not going to be in a good mood.  I've been very patient waiting months for a fix to my previous issues and now not only do I have no fix for my previous bugs but now I have new ones??

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Apologies for the confusion from our end. Tax overrides of course work in POS. :-)

One thing support over the phone (or chat/email) can help with is verifying the taxes are configured as you need it. Ayal reached out over email, feel free to reply and talk with him directly.

0 Likes
Alex166
Shopify Partner
66 0 10

From what I can see it has something to do with how POS downloads the collections.  When I look at my collections in the POS if the collection has more than 6 pages of product it starts duplicating each item.  So collection with 6 pages has 2 per item, 8 pages has 3 per item and so on.  So my colllection of Books has 213 pages, therefore it repeats each item 68 times.  We scan most of our items so is not that big a deal BUT we overide the tax for such collection and somehow some items from that collection are not being recognized as being in that collection, only the first X number of items. Cause you have 213 pages, each page has 16 items and each item gets repeated 68 times, which means only he first 50 items get recognized as being in that collection.  Sounds like an indexing issue when you iterate over items in collection when grabbing them..

This only started happening yesterday so whatever changes there was please revert back until you done more testing. Cause having to manually change tax for each item will be a killer.

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hi Alex,

We can confirm this issue, and have issued a fix to the App Store. Unfortunately, the App Store doesn't allow for reverting to older versions, and requires a new submission to be made, which we did the moment we noticed the issue.

0 Likes
Store_Staff
Excursionist
21 0 4

Thanks Carson, I really appreciate the help.  I will get the new update and let you guys know how it goes.

0 Likes
Store_Staff
Excursionist
21 0 4

Ok so with the new update it looks *fingers cross* that it is working. No more duplicates and the tax is working properly...hope I didn't speak too soon :D

0 Likes
Store_Staff
Excursionist
21 0 4

Thanks Carson + Alëna.  Beta worked! and now I see it has gone itunes so I can update it.

0 Likes