Updating customer note in admin not reflected

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Is there a delay or a specific need to log out/back in to the iPad app to pick up changes to customer records?

For example if I go in to a customer record in the web admin and add a note of "this is a test" I can then place an order with that customer in the POS app and that note isn't visible on the customer.  If I log out of the app and back in the note is visible, and if I update that note on the app the change is instantly visible in the web admin. 

But then updating it again in the web admin isn't visible instantly in the app and I need to log out and back in once again.

I just need to know how/when the customer data is retrieved on the app and if it's updated or pulled in once per login and that's it, so I know what to account for.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 0 12

Hello,

Christine here from the Shopify Guru team - thanks for reaching out!

You can try to manually update the app data with the Shopify admin. To do this you would swipe down while in the orders screen in the Shopify POS app :). Here is a document from our Shopify manual about how you can do that: https://help.shopify.com/manual/sell-in-person/transactions/selling-offline#manually-sync-shopify-po...

Hope that helps! Let us know if you need anything else. We are just a click away :) 

Cheers,
Christine 
Shopify Guru

0 Likes