Using Barcode as a SKU

Michael_Beirne
4 0 0

We have added barcodes to all of our products but we do not use SKU's.  I would like to include the Barcode to the POS Order and online Order - this way I can have some consistency between QuickBooks and Shopify Inventory.  I have the Barcode added to the online Order but cannot figure out how to get this done on the POS side.  Any help?

0 Likes
Massaad
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
329 0 35

Hello Michael 

Are you asking about how to add this barcode info to the notification email? The actual products will be the same, so if they have a barcode this will be part of the order.

If this is what you're trying to add you can find the code to add to the Order or customer notification in this forum post https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/is-there-barcode-output-142230

0 Likes
Michael_Beirne
4 0 0

Thanks for your quick response!  While this works online, it does not appear to work through the POS.  Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Massaad
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
329 0 35

Good afternoon,

I think it should still be quite similar. The syntax is a bit different for in store orders, and the POS receipt template has a "for line in line_items" area to cycle through the "cart" line items

In this case the code for POS would be {{ line.variant.barcode }} within the existing for loop.

Is that working as expected now? I was just able to retrieve the barcode from a test order on the POS also now.

0 Likes