Using Shopify card reader for sales in poor wi-fi signal buildings

paulloseby
2 0 0

Anyone any suggestions for boosting the signal in a steel clad building?  I'm doing a sale in a military drill shed which is steel framed.  Dubious about the signal for my card reader and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.   There will not be a router in the building

Many thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Leon
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 53

Hi, Paul.

Leon here from Shopify Support.

Which card reader are you using for this sale? Both the Shopify Chip + Swipe Reader and the Tap, Chip, and Swipe Reader connect to your mobile device via Bluetooth and use the mobile device connection, so you'll just need to make sure your iPhone, Android device or iPad has a signal.

If you're using an iPhone, make sure you test your connection via Wifi or Cellular Data in advance if possible. If you're concerned that your device won't be able to connect to cellular data and anticipate this being an issue moving forward, it might be worth looking into a cellular signal booster for sales in locations like this.  

All the best with your sale! 

Leon

0 Likes
paulloseby
2 0 0

Hi Leon - it is the Tap, Chip and Swipe reader.  I'm more than happy about the reader and how to use it; it is just the reliability of the signals.  I can certainly get a signal on the parade ground adjacent to the drill shed.  I will have a look at those signal boosters just in case.

Kindest regards and many thanks for getting back to me

Paul

0 Likes