Using Shopify in Switzerland

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello. I currently have an online a physical shop here in Switzerland. I use Squarespace for my online store and Sum Up to process payments in my shop. I love the idea of stremlining everything by using Shopify though it looks like there are several obstacles - does anyone have any experience with this? I know payments can not be processed by Shopify and I'd need to use an outside payment processor like Stripe. But how do I even get the hardware in Switzerland? I was told I could purchase in teh US and have someone bring it to me or send it but when I look online the card readers say they only work in the States. Is this true??? Thanks for any help.

Sarah

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 41

Hello, Sarah. 

This is Leon from Shopify Support.

For merchants like yourself in Switzerland, Shopify Payments can't do the payment processing for your store since we haven't expanded to your area yet. In it's place, we do offer a number of options for collecting payments in Switzerland using Shopify that you can review on this page

As for point of sale, I'm afraid that if you were to have POS hardware from the US sent to you it would not be compatible with the 3rd party payment processor since most hardware only works with Shopify Payments. You're still able to use Shopify POS in your store to use at checkout, but you will need an external payment processing device to collect in-person payments.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if I've missed anything! 

Cheers,

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 2

Hi Sarah

I just wanted to let you know that we made the official payment gateway for TWINT in Switzerland. TWINT is now fully integrated in Shopify and can be installed with this Link:

https://www.shopify-twint.ch

If you have any questions please let me know!

Best

Thibaud

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 
I plan to to open a online shop by using shopify in switzerland.
Twint is perfect for the payment method..
My queston is that people can pay by debitcard and creditcard also??

Thanks for the answers

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi,
Have you been able to find a solution?
Am opening my online shop soon, but with the external providers, it’s becoming so expensive to pay credit card charges with Shopify and the service provider and also the transaction fee. How have you done?
0 Likes