Vend POS vs Shopify POS??

Michele_Ferron-
Tourist
3 0 1

We're currently using VEND pos for our two shops integrated with a Shopify online store. We've seen that Shopify POS is now available. Should we consider changing?
Has anyone tried both? What are the advantages and disadvantages? 
Product uploading, reporting, stock management etc??

Thank you!!

Kim_Eriksen1
Pathfinder
111 0 59

Hi Michele,

We used Vend before (and still do as we have 3 locations).

At our main location we have moved from Vend to Shopify POS - and we love it! The only reason we still use Vend at the other locations is that Shopify POS only supports 1 inventory.

Advantages for us:

1. Inventory works 100% with Shopify POS (with Vend inventory is not rock solid).
  2. "iPad only" makes it a lot easier to use and expand.
  3. Receipt prints are much better (with Vend the print is really bad).
  4. Generally beautiful and easy to use.
  5. Serious roadmap and attention from Shopify POS team. Roadmap is top secret - but we feel it ;)

Disadvantages for us:

1. Lack of seperate inventory for each location.
  2. Functionality not yet available: park order, force new employee after each sale, collection manually sorted and more.

/Kim
Morfars.dk

Michele_Ferron-
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks Kim! Very helpful, although it seems extra work and costs to work with both systems? 
How about the reporting in Shopify POS, does it allow for the same reports as Vend?

thanks again,

Michele

0 Likes
Kim_Eriksen1
Pathfinder
111 0 59

We will be moving all to Shopify POS the second it supports inventory for each location. It is better to have 1 of 3 locations with the best solution than 0 / 3 ;)

We have never used the reports in Vend - in our case they were useless as we would have to do a lot of manual work in a spreadsheet to get a simple report. And the report we could use did not work... unless we did a work-around.

The Shopify reporting is in the main Shopify admin and works perfect.

/Kim
Morfars.dk

0 Likes
Ruby_Rouge_Admi
Excursionist
40 0 34

We have been using Vend for the last year and the integration with Shopify is terrible. Vend is perfect for cafes and stores with small number of products, but is really bad managing inventory with shopify for lots of products. Personally have also found them to move really slow at addressing issues, whereas Shopify POS seems to have a real urgency and pace about it. Its still development stage really but i'd put my money behind them passing vend out very quickly. 

Roo_Cross
2 0 0

Thanks guys - I've downloaded the App on iPad and it looks great. 

But, I have some questions and concerns:

1. Is there any reporting visible from the iPad app directly? (can you add products etc?) 

2. How do we import stock orders? 

3. Can we see reports on profit - thus importing products cost? To be able to look at profit margins etc?

Thanks - much appreciated.

0 Likes
Brad13
2 0 0

Hi Kim et al, we're currently using Vend for bricks & mortar store, with intention to go online as well.  Reason we chose Vend was the "seamless" integration with Shopify (and Xero).  While Xero works pretty well for us, we are not happy with the Vend integration with Shopify.

Very keen to explore the Shopify POS solution.  

1. Do Shopify assist with technical support moving over from Vend?

2. Has anyone had any experience with Shopify/POS and Xero?

Cheers Brad

0 Likes
Kim_Eriksen1
Pathfinder
111 0 59

Hi Brad,

1. We moved with no problems at all. Coming from Vend you will miss some functionality - but we didn't experience any problems. 

2. No, we will be looking at Xero later this year... so I might come back to you :)

/Kim

0 Likes
Brad13
2 0 0

Thanks Kim, it's a little bit daunting after having invested so much time and effort (and money) into Vend to be changing, but I like what I see so far. Also optimistic that Shopify will continue to improve the functionality of the POS solution.

Happy to share experience with Xero integration when we get to that point.

Cheers Brad 

0 Likes
Julian_Bartram
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey guys i am using vend, shopify and xero and i want to ditch vend. we have over 1800 skus and its too much for them. but i am worried about the xero integration. any one done this yet?

0 Likes