Version 4 (Regret or Happy)

Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

Hi

I would like to know is anyone enjoying the new update .

-Pictures are smaller 

-Quicksale location has moved 

-Bottom tab 

-Logging out of POS staff

-Nice new sms iterface 

-All new purple colour.

Let us know on your thoughts.

Who regrets updating?

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Technology should be simple enough for anyone to use.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

One of the key features that is missing is the quick buttons that were there for cash payments. The buttons allowed you to say that a customer had given you say £20 which allowed Shopify POS to easily calculate the change due to the customer. 

Now it seems the only way to calculate the change is to manually enter the amount of cash the customer has given you. This makes things a lot slower!

I've just found that these quick buttons are displayed if you click to edit the cash amount on the cash payment screen but this is one more click each time a customer wants to pay by cash. 

I can't find a way to get these buttons to display without having to click on the cash amount.  Would welcome anyone pointing out how you can get these buttons displayed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 5

I really dislike the UI in the new POS app for the following reasons:

1. The product titles are now much shorter. In fact most of my product titles are cutoff half way, so it's very hard to discern between some products which may have a similar title.

2. The product pictures are now much smaller, and even more rectangle. The images should be bigger and ideally a square aspect ratio (as this is what most merchants use for the pictures on the ecommerce stores.

3. The quick sale button is huge and seems to be the reason why the title and pictures have been reduced. Also there is now a gap between each product which also wastes space.

4. There is no real need to se the inventory levels directly on the product screen, this also wastes space.

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

NOT HAPPY

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

We no longer can see pictures of our products on the POS screen since they increased the size/placement of the Quick Sale window. All the products are squeezed vertically and it has caused all the product pictures to be shown as an icon of a square. We don't know if we've chosen the correct product until it's clicked and appears on the right side of the screen. Hoping they modify this change very soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

Shopify is taking very long to release a bug fix . 

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Technology should be simple enough for anyone to use.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
53 0 49

We agree with every one of these.  We rarely do Quick Sales so having that button up so much space on the product screen does not make sense.  Also, we do not track inventory in Shopify and instead use an external system for that so every one of our items now displays "infinity in stock".  And to reiterate the point I made in another post, the entire app is slower and more laggy than before including the Supple app that we purchase for applying quantity discounts to POS orders.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

Shopify seems to have irones most of the problems out on version 4

Thanks you Shopify.

Although I would still like a Logout button on the new bottom tab.

0 Likes