Want to drop Vend, what is the timeline for offering a comparable replacement?

Julianne_Walth1
8 0 0

We currently use Vend for in-person POS and Shopify for online POS.  We are DYING to drop Vend and switch to Shopify entirely.  The integration between Vend and Shopify is not perfect, and in short, causes our bookkeeper hours of work each week when online Shopify orders come through incorrectly into Vend and then post to Xero (accounting software) incorrectly from Vend.

Our must-haves:

A way to "park" sales, so the customer can get fabric cut, we can enter it, and then park the sale so they can look and shop further.  Possibly, other customer will come, shop, check out, and leave during that time, and then we can pick up the first customer's order again to complete it.  This is vital for add-on sales for our business, and likely MANY other businesses that are browsing-type boutique shops.  This has been one of the very best features of Vend.

Our want-to-have:

A desktop-based POS.  We MUST have a full computer at our checkout / front desk area, for items like e-mailing, looking up patterns, watching and sharing technique videos, accessing class lists and supply sheets, entering inventory, etc. etc.  We can't make do with just a tablet, yet we don't want to fill our entire front desk with hardware.  

Currently 1/30th of our business flows through Shopify.  With these two additions (or even just with the first, for now), we would immediately make the switch and give you the other 29/30ths of our business tomorrow.  

Is there any timeline for either of these?  We are desperate for a better solution.

Julianne

0 Likes
Pasilobus
Shopify Expert
189 0 17

If i were you i would not worry about having a desktop pos and switch to Shopify right away. Tablet will just be for sales and emailing and you can do the rest somewhere else. Your customers will love to see an ipad in your hand too, it really is a unique shopping exprience.

You can park sales in a different way, add items to the order and leave it as unpaid, then you can create other orders and complete the payment for the other one later on.

I also think you need to have some changes on your storefront

hope this helps!

Pasilobus, Inc - Shopify Experts - Contact us at support@pasilobus.com
0 Likes
Julianne_Walth1
8 0 0

We already have two ipads in the shop at the cutting tables.  Although most customers "love to see an ipad in my hands", my demographic is older - 50 - 65 - are are more distrustful of signing their name on a pad.

It's obviously not a barrier for me, since we have two in practice already.

I've spoken in length to a shopify employee who agrees that the idea of parking orders in the way that you've indicated will not work at this time.  Apparently you can't open a new order on the screen without finishing the prior order?  We also need functionality to open it on one device and pick it up for completion on another device.

What changes do you feel that the storefront needs?

0 Likes
Pasilobus
Shopify Expert
189 0 17

Julianne,

You can finish an order as unpaid and turn back to it to add the payment, you need to capture customer information to do that though. (name and email) It is possible

We all sign screens at walmart and all other places, so I do not think this would be an issue. There is nothing to be distrustful as it has become more of a standard these days

Regarding your storefront I would definately use a more photo oriented theme and have a white background. You have colorful products, great patterns, so much potential for a stunning storefront. Right now it looks quite dull and I cannot really relate the blue color with your business. 

I hope this will be useful feedback for you and help you sell more. Let me know if you have more questions!

Pasilobus, Inc - Shopify Experts - Contact us at support@pasilobus.com
0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

The downside of creating orders while a customer continues to browse is that they've got to pay multiple times for each order you're creating, instead of a single checkout.

We agree that "parking" or "saving" the cart for later retrieval is worthwhile, so thank you for the feedback!

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes