Will this POS system be available for Android Tablets in the near future?

Merv_Skinner
2 0 5

Now that you have the Andoid mobile app, any update if and when POS will be available on Android? I hate paying for something I'm not taking advantage of, and I definitely won't be switching all my Android devices to Apple.

Jelle_D
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
69 0 4

Hi Merv, it's Jelle one of the Shopify Gurus!

At this point there is no intention to port Pos app with retail options ( the version that uses the iPad ) to android devices. 

We are working on a smartphone app, but there is no timelime yet as to when this will be ready.

Best, 

Jelle 
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Trey_McCaskill
2 0 0

This is so disappointing!  I'm converting from Volusion to Shopify but I am 100% Android (Tablet and Phone) and need this capability.  It seems there is a lot of support from your end users on wanting the Android functionality...please consider this in your next development phase!

0 Likes
Maximilian_Müll
2 0 7

Hi Jelle,

there are so many studies which states that the android (tablet) market is bigger than the iOS. Why do you force us (your clients) to use iOS? There are so many people here who want a android POS, you should really consider that.

Best regards,

Max

Christina_Sessu
1 0 6

Jelle,

I just do not understand WHY Shopify is being so difficult about this. Android has a larger market than Apple. A quick search and I can see Shopify has LOTS of customers who want this and have been asking for years. I had to change platforms because of a disability that the Apple software would not accommodate. Now in order to use the POS I must buy a phone/tablet that I can't use? This makes no sense to me. Your service is awesome but this is not acceptable.

Christina

Chris_Kuivenhov
2 0 0

+1: We would actually like to use both iOS and Android, honestly.

For retail stores, iOS on iPad is great. But for on-the-go mobile sales, retail POS admin functionality, etc... every person working in those functions has an Android phone.

I couldn't care less about Android tablets -- my interest is specifically in Android phones.

0 Likes
DManuel
1 0 1

It's a shame really since Shopify seems like the perfect solution for me. As others have said though forcing your clients to use only iOS is a bad move. I would love to signup for Shopify but I won't until Android is accomadated. Switching all of my devices to iOS is out of the question, mainly because I don't like their system or their device. Not to mention that by the time I make the switch I could buy a custom POS system for my store and possibly have some money left over to put towards hosting fees. 

Rosanne_Belang1
1 0 1

I agree with everyone who've posted here.  I rejected a number of other businesses because they did not have anything for the Android.  I'm moving to Shopify, BUT without an Android POS, it hampers me considerably ... cannot sell in person unless I have a computer with me which just isn't going to happen ... although that's more likely than me buying an Apple product.  In this day and age, it's NOT good business to ignore such a large market.  

I moved from Square for this???  They at least had a POS that I could use even though it wasn't integrated with social media or my website.  I actually expected more from Shopify.  My bad.

If someone out there comes up with an equal business that offers Android POS, I'm moving immediately!!!

Rosanne Beloanger Karma Joyas Handcrafted Jewelry
Jacob_Becher
Excursionist
15 0 38

Yes, I also am surprised to see no option for android. I have no intention to switch to apple products.  This would be a great move shopify!

0 Likes
Amber_Dalcourt
1 0 0

Looks like I'm with you guys. All of our techs have Android phones. It'd be too costly to convert every last one of our employees to iPads. It's sad because the POS system looks like it would be a perfect fit for a company's needs. 

I guess I'll check out squareup.com since it also comes as highly recommended. I just hate splitting my online sales and my POS sales.

0 Likes